Thursday, July 21, 2011

Old Farm Piece Redo!


So we found this little cabinet in an old barn in East Texas. It didn't have a top when we dug it out of a corner. It was pretty disgustin'.  We think it may have been the bottom of an old hutch or possibly a built in? I dunno whatcha think?



So it sat in my workshop for a few months, sad and lonely wishing someone would make her beautiful again! Then a sweet lady named Debbie saw her potential! She knew she had to have her and knew exactly what she wanted her makeover to be! She wanted her deep RED with a dark walnut top.  So I set to work! I pulled her out, cleaned her off, sanded her down and primed her up. She had lots of rustic charms including wormholes and all! She was in pretty rough shape and quite old......


 WORMHOLES!

She got several coats of paint, light distressing and an antique glaze that just makes her details POP! Her original hardware is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
UNFORTUNATLY I cannot show a final product yet! She is picking her up on Saturday and she hasn't seen it yet! SOWWY! But I WILL show a sneak peek teaser! READY? HUH?

TADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Her color is FAB right??  I will be showing the final "After" pic on Saturday! Don't forget to check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment